Thursday, February 11, 2016

   OK....Forget Ethernet, forget Java Script, forget the BeagleBone and SBC's, back-up and start over.  I said it once and I will say it again "KISS"(Keep It Simple Stupid).  And, another DUH!! moment.  I had totally forgot about these guys in Australia; 4D Systems. They make some pretty cool display modules, for what they do, plus the tools available, you can't beat the price.
   After you buy a BeagleBone Black(~$50), The display(~$90), Ethernet Shield(~$15), and less hassle and headache(~$priceless), this display is WORTH IT!!  So...once again...a design change, using a 4D Systems uLCD-70DT-AR , which comes with an Arduino adapter, and an open-source library to talk to the display.  You can't get no easier than this.  I just ordered one from Mouser and I am currently playing with the IDE.  Here is a pic:
More too come.


No comments:

Post a Comment